Found and stole this journal meme from
. This is one I haven't seen before, so thank you!
1. How did you join dA?In my college days, when I was first getting into doing graphic design for other people, I decided I needed a place to store everything so I could show them off to people. After a search, deviantART was the best choice. However, all I ever put on there were small pieces I did for others. I had no desire to do anything for myself and post my own work. It wasn't until years later that I decided to delete my old account and start from scratch. Thus, the dA profile you see today!2. What does your username have to do with you?
During my Freshman year of college, I was hanging out with a bunch of my friends in the common room, just playing games and having a good time. Somehow, we got on the topic of how big and strong I was, and how in high school (and even grade school) I was always defending people when they were bullied (mostly because I was the token fat-kid, and knew how much it sucked to be bullied). So, after being challenged to show off how strong I was, I lifted my 500+ pound heavy RA up over my shoulders and walked around the room with him. Then, I lifted one end of the common room couch, which at the time had 4 people sitting on it, and almost dumped them over and out. After seeing this, my friend turned to me and said, "Dude, you're like a Golem." I knew what a Golem was, but I didn't know what he meant. According to him, I was the embodiment of a Golem: a big, strong creature that is made to defend something or someone special, and never harms anyone unless they threaten those people. And he ended it by saying, "You totally rock the Golem!" So, the nickname Golem stuck, and I decided to use RockTheGolem as my new screen name.3. What is your current avatar of?It's a minimalist vector drawing of future Takeshi Yamamoto from the anime Reborn that I've created and modified to represent myself. Originally it was a digital recreation of Takashi Morinozuka from Ouran High School Host Club that received a similar treatment. I'm debating on updating this one.4. How many watchers do you have, and how many do you watch?
"RockTheGolem watches 519 deviants, while 99 deviants watch RockTheGolem."5. Do you have more than one account?No. Even though this is my 2nd account, I have only ever had one at a time.6. Name four of your favorite artists on dA.
- She was my very first watcher. An amazing voice actress who makes some of the most beautiful cosplays I've seen.
- Her photography and makeup work is incredible, and I love her photoshop paintings!
- Just take one look at her gallery, and you'll understand why I admire her work. I dare say, it's perfect!
- I feel like the work she does is where my stuff will eventually be headed. She uses MMD, and her models are beautiful!
7. What deviant(s) do you admire because of their personality?
. They have to be the two friendliest people I've met! 8. How many deviants do you actually know in reality? Post their avatars
Ok, this could take a minute. Hang on....
(Note: Most of these people I've never met in real life, but I either work with them on voice acting projects, or have talked with them so much/often that I consider them my friends.)
9. Do you comment, fave, or both?I fav first, and then comment if I really have something to say.10. What do you typically post on deviantART?Aside from journal entries, I primarily do BrawlBox photomanipulations and minimalist vector images.11. Do you participate in clubs or contests here on dA?
I sometimes join contests that give away free points. I've never won one though.12. What is your most popular deviation? As in most viewed or most favorited?
"The deviation with the most comments is Looking For My Family with 38 comments, while the most favourited one is Battle Bunny Riven Vector, with 56 favourites. The most viewed deviation is Templar's Creed (Logo/Symbol) with 668 views."13. What's your favorite submission in your gallery?
I think my favorite has to be TIDE Promotional Ad 1
. It's the first piece I did outside of college that used Adobe Illustrator so heavily.14. What are things you wish you could draw better?Anime in general. Also, Chibi. I would REALLY love to do a parody comic strip series of the shenanigans my friends and I get into.
15. Do you have a premium membership?
I do not. But I would love one!
16. How many hours a day do you spend on dA?
Probably not even an hour. Just long enough to check my messages, clear out my watches, and submit an image if I have one.
17. Are you a fast, slow, or medium typer?
18. What is the most annoying thing people ask you?
"How did you do that?" That's an all encompassing question. I've been doing this since I was 7. I'm by no means an expert, and I wouldn't even know how to begin teaching someone to do what I do.
19. What is the most annoying/offending comment you've ever received?
The comment: "Wow...I can't believe someone actually remembered. XD This is amazing of you, and especially after everything I've done, I'm even more touched. Thank you." I chose this one because even though it seemed sincere, the person who wrote it later proved to be less than kind, and showed themselves on more than one occasion to be a liar. So to me, this "thankful" message is just a reminder of why some people cannot be trust and taken for their word.
20. What/Who inspires you?
My friends, and the emotional state they put me in.
21. Do you use guidelines when you draw?
Sometimes. I make markings to show where I want to limit my preliminary sketch work. But for the most part, it's all free-hand.
22. Do you associate people on deviantART with their icons?
Absolutely. I am a visual learner, and I can remember an icon much easier than a name (unless I hear it spoken out loud)
23. Have you ever suggested a Daily Deviation?
No. I honestly don't even know how to.
24. Everyone has considered leaving dA once or twice. Have you? Why?
Sometimes. I feel like my attention should be devoted elsewhere. But, dA has proven to be a useful emotional outlet for me, so I plan to stick around.